Saturday, July 3, 2010

All the Marvelous Things

So today I had a lesson on Nikko. And I may say, he was PHENOMENAL! We jumped a cross rail, tight turn around the quarter round with a couple strides to the barrels. Then right turn, to the 5 stride line. After the line, it was a off a right hand corner to the quarter round.

We jumped the cross rail and got the left lead. I turned him around the quarter round, and set him up for the barrels. At that moment, he bulged right a little saying Ugg, that was the same path we took last time, remember? And then our horrible distance in which I had to save your butt. I'll fix it, don't worry. Needless to say, perfect distance...and a lead change after. The 5 stride came up faster then i expected. But we got in alright and he opened his stride up to get the 5, not increasing his speed one bit.

We got out perfectly and he landed the lead. We went deep into the corner, waiting for the right spot to turn off the rail for the quarter round. It was 3 strides off the rail, if you turned at the right time. We got a deep distance, but it wasn't too bad. Nikko gave me a lead change after. Jenny yelled at me to get off of him before I do anything stupid.

Oh yeah, Nikko is half mine for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment